PATIENT APPOINTMENT INSTRUCTIONS in Collindale
Thank you for making your appointment at COCO Dental practice.
The world of Dentistry has changed in light of the Covid-19 pandemic, so it is important that you read the following important instructions carefully before your appointment. These changes reflect our ongoing commitment to ensure the highest level of care is delivered in the safest environment for patients and our team. If you have questions about any aspect of your appointment or treatment, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss.
- There will be no patient toilet facilities available at the practice, so please use the toilet before attending the practice.
- You should bring your own pen to the practice in case you need to complete or sign paper forms.
- Only bring minimal belongings into the practice.
- Please be aware of that only contactless card payment is available at the practice.
- You should attend alone wherever possible or with one other person if absolutely necessary (if you are under 16 years of age, or in a vulnerable group). Please speak to a member of the team before bringing anyone along. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone other than the confirmed booked individual.
- More vulnerable patients should wear a simple face covering when they attend.
- If you require a chaperone, you should be advised of the practice policy on chaperones.
- BEFORE APPOINTMENT
- MEDICAL HISTORY – You will be sent an SMS TEXT pre-appointment Medical questionnaire. Please complete this form 24 hours before your planned appointment. These are simple forms, which have questions you will be familiar with answering from previous visits. Please answer to the best of your ability and if unsure of any answers please note in the comments section on the form.
- If you are unable to complete the digital form, please inform one of our team by phone or email at least 24 hours before the appointment. The completion of these tasks is compulsory prior to being seen by a Dentist.
- ON THE DAY
- The waiting room is closed, and you will not be permitted into the practice before your designated appointment time slot. Ideally travel by car and park in a local car park or safe place to park.
- CHECK-IN. Once arrived please use the link sent in the SMS TEXT to check-in.
- Once you have “checked-in” we will know you have arrived, we will prepare the practice for your appointment. We will call you back to advise you to come to the practice, please keep your mobile phone to hand.
- You will be met by a team member wearing appropriate PPE who will check your information and present forms. Please note to comply with the required social distancing measures in place.
- You will be screened using the standard COVID-19 screening questions, and if now in Category 1 will be referred to an appropriate centre (if it is an emergency) or advised to self-isolate.
- You will be asked to remove and discard gloves and other PPE.
- You should use the hand sanitizing alcohol gel at the reception to thoroughly clean your hands.
- You will be escorted directly into the surgery.
- Any patient belongings should be placed in a designated area which will be disinfected after use.
- At the end of treatment, you should leave the room immediately, dispose of PPE in a clinical waste bin and perform hand sanitization using alcohol gel placed at the reception.
- You will be escorted to collect your belongings from the designated area, and escorted to leave the practice.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 001 4503.